Wednesday 20 May 2015

Catch Me If You Can- Defense

Description:

Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defense. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the thing I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.

WALT: Defensive skills and movements


Success Criteria:
Body Movement
  • Weight on balls of feet
  • Feet shoulder width apart
  • Knees flexed
  • Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
  • Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
  • Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
  • Arms within confines of body
  • Take feet to ball
  • Land with a SBP
Intercepting
  • Body angled to see player and ball
  • Anticipate pass and player movement
Restrictive Marking

  • Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
  • stay close to the attacking player
  • Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
  • Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
  • 0.9m from ball carrier
Here Is My CMIYC Video:




  • Evaluation:  I think that this term and a half I have done pretty well mastering the skills because I have got more yellow than pink, but next time I think that I could get better at Angle my body so that attacking player is 'pushed' away from where he/she wants to go because I have achieved this goal before and I think can achieve it again quite easily!
  • Feedback and feedforward: Well Done Hannah you have done pretty well mastering the skills the skill I think you need to work on maybe is SBP (Stable Body Position.) Well Done you have done a great job! Grace

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka pai, Hannah! You have done well to identify what success criteria you have accomplished and what you can improve on. You do a fantastic job of keeping your eyes on the ball and your knees flexed. Keep an eye on how your landing and remember SBP. You should be proud of efforts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete