Tuesday 11 August 2015

Reading Portfolio Post Tic-Tac-Toe (Summarising).

Description:
In Class each week for reading we have to complete three Tic-Tac-Toe's. It is a place where we get to chose what 3 tasks we want to complete for the week. We have to complete each Tic-Tac-Toe's to a high standard. For the Tic-Tac-Toe this week I chose to do a "fake" news report.  I  had to read an article, I read the article the World's Bodypainting festival. Then we had to summarise the article like we were a real news reporter.

Images:
These are some of the photos of the show, and the artists designing their amazing art:
Big Idea:
I have learnt that when you summarise a story you pick out the "key" points of the story and write about that I also learnt that it is a good idea to use the
Who
What
When
Why
How
chart to really capture the essence of the story/summary.  Here is my news report.
     NEWS REPORT TIC-TAC-TOE
Breaking News:
In Austria between the 3rd and 5th of July the world BodyPainting competition was held. Models from 45 countries came to Austria to display their art. Here is Hanne in Austria to talk about all the amazing art she saw.


Well the artists compete in a range of activities there is the brush and sponge activity and the head piece and illusion contest. The competition was founded in 1998 by Alex Barendregt and is now a popular event that is held each year.

FeedBack and FeedForward: 
I love your News Report. I think you put all I need to know. That was very interesting. You also included the 5 W's and the H. I really love it. The thing you could work on, would be including more information about what you learnt in the Big Idea. Great Job!!!
Rosalind:)

Evaluation:
I think that I summarised the story well and in depth but as Rosalind said, I think I could have included more information in the big Idea.


1 comment:

  1. Hannah
    I really like the way you have been creative with your news report and imagined you were interviewing someone. The images you have added really make your post more interesting to read.
    You have a good understanding of summarising but as you and Rosalind both suggested, you need to make sure even though you are summarising your reading, it still needs to include all the main details.

    ReplyDelete