Wednesday 5 August 2015

Waste Man Tic-Tac-Toe

For my Tic-Tac-Toe today I chose to do the wasteman activity. As my goal is summarising we are supposed to summarise a story but today it was a bit different. My teacher summarised the story waster man  for us and then we had to right the story backwards. ( We got to make up our own story related to my teachers summary).

Here is my teachers summary:

Waste Man was made by a man named Antony Gormley over a six-week period in 2006 out of tonnes of recycled waste materials, it was then burnt a day after it was finished.
My Summary
One  day in 2006 a man named Anthony Gormley decided to make a figure of a human  entirely made out of tonnes and tonnes of recycled materials because he wanted to show the world that they could be creative with recible objects. To create his masterpiece he used some of these objects  like: wooden chairs, ladders, crates and much much more... It took him 2 and a half years to complete the final product, although it would have taken him 1 and a half years if he stuck everything together with cement but instead he just used a regular glue stick! Anthony said that it was a great  2 and a half years of thinking outside of the box and challenging everybody’s own expectations of me. The hardest part was when the sculpture started to get higher and higher I had to get a crane to do the head. Anthony moved the  sculpture to America.

The next day when Anthony woke up he found all of his hard work demolished by a person who lit it up in flames. He was absolutely gutted .  

No comments:

Post a Comment