Wednesday 17 June 2015

ET Reo Portfolio Sample

Description: 
Every Monday we have ET Reo. We do ET Reo so that we can learn a new language and we can have a conversation to people in Maori.  ET Reo is when we learn all about Maori phrases, songs and all about the culture so that we can use them in our everyday life. This term our focus has been to learn some Maori fruits and vegetables and/foods and then how to say them properly. After we learnt how to say the fruits and vegetables  and foods properly we learnt how to ask a buddy what they liked and what they disliked. 
Video:




Big Idea:
We had to learn lots of different fruits and vegetables foods and then ask a friend what they liked and disliked in a video. I think that I know all of the fruits and vegetables and foods really well and I know how to ask what they liked and dislike but I think that I need to keep practicing trying to pronounce the words properly. 

Feedback/Feed Forward:
WOW! What a great movie you guys have made!  You guys have really added depth and detail to your movie. I can really see your improvement in the Maori language. What I think you could do better next time is to show more of what you have learnt. I'm sure you have learnt a lot about the culture! You can also work on pronouncing the words :D Aye 

Evaluation:
I was successful at projecting my voice so that the audience could hear what I was saying and I was successful at learning all of the fruits and vegetables/foods. But next time I think that I could improve on pronouncing the words properly because I sometimes didn't pronounce the word nga and I didn't pronounce koe and ae right.   

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you are so reflective in your learning Hannah. Great to see that you have highlighted your successes and some next steps.

    ReplyDelete