Thursday 26 March 2015

Te Ahu a Turanga Noho Marae

 Description:
 In week 7, we had an overnight stay at the local Marae in Woodville.  We were immersed in Maori culture and participated in a range of activities.  We set two goals to focus on during our stay.

Big Idea:  

1.  Did you achieve your goals?  How do you know?
I achieved one of my goals completely which was to sleep in a room with other people. I didn't really think about this goal because I was really tired and just wanted to get to sleep! I completed half of the second goal which was to share my story and when I am sharing my story to not get embarrassed. I shared my story but I was really embarrassed and I could feel myself going bright red!

2.  What are you most proud of from the marae stay and why?
I am proud of giving everything a go even when I was nervous and scared. I am also proud of myself by working with my friends to solve problems and to give each other support when they needed some. 

3.  What challenged you the most and why?
Making the pancakes challenged me the most because I had to flip them all at the same time and I had to make the pancake batter and I didn't know how to read grams.  



A day after our Marae stay we made book marks about our experience at the marae and what our favourite parts of the Marae stay were. My 3 favourite parts of the Marae stay where sleeping in the Marae, crossing the Manawatu river and doing the Gorge walk and to represent the Gouge walk I  drew pohutukawa flowers.
Here is my book mark:


1 comment:

  1. Hannah, even though you felt embarrassed, I am super proud of you that you shared your story! Storytelling is a difficult thing to do which only gets easier with time and practise (just like it gets easier as a House Leader leading school singing!)
    How did your pancakes turn out? Was it worth it? Were they yummy?

    ReplyDelete